Preimplantation (pre-implantation) genetic diagnosis (Preimplantation Genetic Diagnostics – PGD) allows the analysis of a human embryo for the presence of the most common aneuploidia (chromosomal abnormalities) before implantation of the embryo in the uterus (after IVF and ICSI). This technique is widely used in the world IVF-clinics in order to prevent the appearance of severe chromosomal / genetic abnormalities, which today can be diagnosed by PGD. In PGD, one or two cells (blastomeres) are extracted from each fertilized 6-8 cell embryo three days after fertilization. The biopsy could be provided in the blastocyst stage of embryo development and it names trophoectodermal biopsy in this case. The core of blastomeres containing the chromosome analyzed using a homologous test with a fluorescent label. Colored fluorescent spots reveal the presence or absence of certain chromosomes. Indications for PGD:
- Woman’s age more than 40 years;
- Severe male infertility;
- Repeated miscarriages;
- Multiple implantation failures;
- Sex selection, including the presence of a sex-related diseases;
- Balanced chromosomal translocation.
Clinic “Nadiya” offers the following services:
- Screening of 9 chromosomes (13, 14,15, 16, 18, 21,22, X, Y);
- Sex selection (21, X, Y);
- PGD for balanced translocation carriers;
- PGD for Mendelian inheritance diseases (by request).